Our latest Nailed It Style Challenge Class was SOOO much fun and the students created amazing looking anatomical hearts! CLICK MORE FOR VIDEO...Heart cake challenge - accepted! Inspired by an artist's rendering, we turned out an absolutely gorgeous anatomical human heart cake in under two hours. And if I may say so, I think we NAILED IT! We scattered roses across the top - and I can't wait to show you how we made that inset honeycomb detail happen. The result is a romantic and show-stopping (dare we say heart-stopping? Sorry) cake that's sure to impress.
Watch the video below...and create your very own Heart Stopping Cake!
Inspiration Mathijs Vissers' Digital Mixed Media "Sweet Heart": [LINK TO MATHIJS VISSERS ANATOMICAL HEART - https://mathijsvissers.com/work/sweet...]
Tools and Supply List:
- 8" Round Cake
- 10" Round Board (grease resistant for easy cleanup)
- Buttercream (soft texture)
- Tropical Fondant (our favorite fondant for covering cakes)
- Dream Fondant (the perfect fondant for sculpting veins, roses, and honeycomb texture)
- Airbrush/Liquid Food Colors
- Modeling Tools - (especially the ball tools and dresden tools)
- Flexible Cutting Board (for making flexible smoothers)
- Cake Drip (this one can be colored and lusters added)
- Gold Luster (for drip and for highlights)
- Artist Quality Paintbrushes (any soft bristle will do)