Yeast - Lesaffre SAF-Instant Yeast, 1 pound bag - Limit 2
- Lesaffre SAF-instant® yeast is dried under carefully controlled conditions to maintain activity, and is comparable and interchangeable with Red Star® Active Dry Yeast.
- A specific strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is used for production and is designed to make sure all of your yeasted doughs rise perfectly!
- There is a nationwide yeast shortage currently, and we must limit transactions to 2 bags per person.
- Saf-Instant yeast has a smaller granule size and can be mixed directly into your dough without warm water activation. It can be used in bread machines, but is not considered a rapid rise yeast. I still, personally, choose to "activate it" by dissolving it in warm water.
- For a review of the yeast comparisons, we love this article by King Arthur's Test Kitchens: https://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2016/01/29/yeast-use
- For long term storage, freeze or refrigerate your yeast in an airtight container.
- We have access, you have a need.