Yeast - Red Star Active Dry Yeast, 1 pound bag
- Red Star® Active Dry Yeast is dried under carefully controlled conditions to maintain activity, and is comparable to Lesaffre SAF-instant® yeast
- A specific strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is used for production and is designed to make sure all of your yeasted doughs rise perfectly!
- There is a nationwide yeast shortage currently, and we must limit sales to 2 per transaction.
- Active dry yeast requires a little warm water conditioning (110 degree water, just a few tablespoons. Then let it sit for a few minutes and stir until completely dissolved.)
- Saf-Instant yeast has a smaller granule size and can be mixed directly into your dough without warm water activation. It can be used in bread machines, but is not considered a rapid rise yeast. I, personally, still choose to "activate it" by dissolving it in warm water.
- For a review of the yeast comparisons, we love this article by King Arthur's Test Kitchens: https://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2016/01/29/yeast-use
- For long term storage, freeze or refrigerate your yeast in an airtight container.