Class: 1/16/2018 Tues 5:30p - 7p, The Perfect Decorated Sugar Cookie Recipe
Art Is In Cakes, Bakery & Supply
Have you tried making cutout sugar cookies but find that your cookie dough spreads and you lose all shape? Or maybe, to be firm enough to hold shape, the cookie itself becomes a little...well...chewy and tough. We think we have the perfect sugar cookie recipe, and we're willing to share it with you.
Truly the best recipe for perfectly soft yet structurally sound cookies, especially for decorated cookies, with a base of vanilla. You will be able to modify this recipe to match any spice or flavor combination that your family loves.
Learn how to pair flavors that embrace each other. Learn the tips and tricks for a sturdy cookie that isn't tough. Learn about the science behind the recipe. Build your own batch of dough. Then take the dough home to roll, chill, and cut your own sugar cookie shapes.
- Who: Cake Decorators and Hobbyists ages 12 and older are welcome.
- Children ages 8 to 11 may also attend with the confirmed registration and accompaniment of a supervising adult.
- ADA/Wheel Chair accessible seating is also available on request.
- All persons joining the classroom must have confirmed and paid registrations.
- What: We get asked all the time for our sugar cookie recipe. This is your chance to see it from start to finish and to make your own dough to chill and roll and cut at home.
- Where: This Class Location will be held at Art Is In Cakes, Bakery & Supply, 9807 W. Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72205
- What to Expect: This baking class will cover the base recipe for beautiful thick sugar cookies, perfect for baking directly onto lollipop sticks or for non-spreading sugar cookies for party favors and treats.
- What to bring from home:
- Any warm spice in a ground form: such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, all spice, clove, chili powder, mace, chinese 5 spice (yep we can do it), ginger, anise
- Rolling Pin of your choice, and we have several styles in stock if you need a new one.
- A box or carrying device to carry your perfect thickness dough home to chill, cut, and bake off.
- An apron. And yes, we adore your aprons!
- Tools to Purchase: Purchase these tools from us as part of our CLASS+TOOLS Bundle for savings on the entire bundle. (See bundle below description.)
- Cancellation Policy: We accept cancellations with full refunds if made 8 days or prior to class. Cancellation requests received 7 to 1 day before class will receive store credit for the class for use on future classes or product. Items purchased as part of the Class + Tools Bundle will be made ready for pickup in store at the student's convenience. If Cancellation requests are made within 24 hours of class start, we will have already prepared class materials for the student, therefore, no credit or refund will be given.
- Notice of Class Cancellations: We reserve the right to cancel classes due to low registration, inclement weather, or for any other unforseen reason. Students will be notified via email and text of this cancellation. Each student will be refunded his or her registration in full, no matter whether the class is canceled months in advance or 24 hours prior to class. Students will have first right of notification and registration if the class is rescheduled for a later date.
Classes require parking for an extended period of time. We ask that you park in rows 2 or 3 in our multi-use parking lot and reserve the front row closest to the business doors for short term public parking of customers choosing to visit any number of the stores in our strip. Additional/Overflow parking is contracted and available on the opposite side of Andy's.