Class: 4-27-21 Tues 6p-8p Sugar Blowing Goofy Goldfish Encore
Art Is In Cakes, Bakery & Supply
Learn the basic skills of sugar blowing and sugar pulling to create a precious goldfish!
Choose Your Seat Type from the Drop Down Menu:
In-Store Seat = In-Person: Students Must Bring their own Sugar Blowing Pump and Sugar Work Cotton Gloves to class. All other materials will be provided and tools available on loan during class. Show up with your pump and gloves and we will hook you up with the rest! Purchase Required Supplies Here
- In Store Class size is limited to 6 students.
- Masks must be worn during class, even if fully vaccinated. Here are CDC's current guidelines and requirements.
- Open to students ages 12 and older.
- Only registered students are allowed in the classroom. Sorry, we cannot allow additional parents, siblings, or other non-registered guardians to stay in the classroom.
- Children ages 8 to 11 who would like to attend may purchase a seat in addition to a legal guardian's seat registration. This would require 2 seat purchases - 1 adult and 1 minor.
- This Class Location will be held at Art Is In Cakes, Bakery & Supply, 9807 W. Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72205.
Virtual Seat = Online Learning: Students are responsible for purchasing supplies and tools from the supply list provided, as well as providing edible materials, like cakes, icing, cookies. Each item is listed in the Supply List Tab above.
- Virtual tickets are limited, but only one purchase is required per house hold. Make it a Party!
- Access the course through our CrowdCast Channel, an awesome Virtual Learning Platform that streams in real time. Your access code will be emailed 24 hours prior to class start.
- You can watch via any internet connected device - computer, laptop, smart phone, tablet, and even your smart tvs.
- Virtual classes are recorded and the replay is available shortly after class ends for replay available for 14 days. Choose the Virtual option for a more FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE of attendance.
What to Expect: In This Hands On Sugar Blowing Class we will:
- Blow a sugar bubble that we shape into an adorable goldfish body.
- Learn the basics of temperature control, bubble shaping, and sugar handling.
- Pull satiny sugar fins and shape them to give our fish the appearance of swimming.
- Create cute sugar googley eyes.
- Attach all the pieces to our goldfish bodies.
- Take pictures and share your beautiful work with your circle of friends and family!
Use discount code GGSUPPLIES to get 15% off of the supplies for this class. See collection below. This code is valid for a one time purchase for students joining live or online, and must be used in conjunction with the class seat purchase to be valid.
Virtual Supply List
Supplies Needed for This Cake Decorating/Baking Project
Use discount code GGSUPPLIES to get 15% off of the supplies for this class. See the full collection below. This code is valid for a one time purchase for students joining live or online, and must be used in conjunction with the class seat purchase to be valid.
Prep Before Class:
1 Sugar Lamp with Heat Bulb
- 1 Large Silicone Work Mat
- 1 Medium Silicone Work Mat
- Optional: Pancake Griddle with Small Silicone Mat for warming and shaping fins.
- 1 Small Fan
- Optional: 1 Vice for holding fish body during the cooling stage.
- Culinary Torch
- 1 Silicone 2cup Measuring Cup
- 5oz of Yellow or Orange Isomalt Nibs (not granules)
- 2oz of Clear Isomalt Nibs.
- Optional: 7oz Clear Isomalt can be colored with liquid color / airbrush color yellow/orange.
- Heat proof spatula
- Melting Pot or Small Microwavable Bowl with Clear Isomalt
- Styrofoam Block for holding your piece steady once removed from pump and applied to lollipop sticks.
Materials and Supplies to Have On Hand During Class.
Black Pearls (for eyes)
- Poppy Paint in White (for eyes)
- Everclear or other high alcohol solution for Poppy Paint Cleanup
- Disposable Paint Cups (plastic portion cups work great and we just need a couple. Paint palettes or even a disposable plate would work.)
- Fine Tip Paintbrush
- Paper or wooden lollipop sucker sticks, 4 to 6 inches in length.
- PME Clear Glaze Spray
- Sugar Blowing Pump
- Protective Insulating Cotton Gloves -Tight Fitting
- Disposable Gloves 5mil to 9mil Thickness
- Optional: Airbrush with darker pink or red Airbrush Color or Aerosol Color for adding details to your goldfish.
For best viewing experience, join via the full size link at crowdcast: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/sugar-blowing-goofy
Plan to send images and short video directly to us via text at 501-240-6102 during class. This gives us the opportunity to provide feedback and answer questions as you go. :)
Class Cancellation Policy
- We accept cancellations with full refunds if made 7 days or more prior to class.
- Cancellation requests received within 6 days leading up to class will be given access to our Virtual Platform. No refunds or exchanges will be made. Virtual Students will be responsible for supplying their own ingredients and tools.
- Virtual Classes will not be refunded once the access code has been provided to the online learning platform.
- Your in-store seat CAN be gifted to someone else to come in your place if you can no longer attend. Just call us to tell us the new student's name at 501-240-6102.
- Notice of Class Cancellations by Art Is In Cakes: We reserve the right to cancel classes due to low registration, inclement weather, or for any other unforeseen reason. Students will be notified via email and text of this cancellation. Students will have first right of notification and first offer of registration if the class is simply postponed and rescheduled for a later date. If unable to commit to the rescheduled date within 5 days of the announcement, the student will be refunded his or her registration in full.