Class 8-13-20, Thurs 6pm Virtual Replay: Mastering Leveling, Filling, and Icing a Smooth 2 Layer Cake - Fundamentals
Art Is In Cakes, Bakery & Supply
How to prepare beautifully leveled, filled, and iced cakes.
You can master the cake decorating skill of icing a smooth cake, with the correct cake decorating tools and this decorating class.
This is a fundamentals class, appropriate for anyone interested in baking and wishing to master the techniques of leveling a cake, filling it, and then icing a cake smoothly. We recommend taking Course 1, Lesson 2, before attempting the Mastering class.
How to Ice a multi-layer cake.
Take the basics of what was learned in the icing fundamentals from Lesson 2 and improve them further with new techniques that Natalie teaches to all of her cake decorating staff. This in-depth class focuses soley on creating a smooth and flawless cake, beyond the lessons in Wilton's Method of Cake Decorating.
With the right cake decorating tools and Natalie's instruction, learn methods of crumb coating prior to adding a finishing coat, how to keep the filling tucked inside, and tips and tricks for pulling off a perfectly level and super smooth cake.
Supplies Needed for this Cake Decorating Class:
- 8" Cakes - 2 layers
- 4 pounds of buttercream Icing
- Large Offset Spatula (11" to 13")
- Small Offset Spatula (7" to 9")
- Icer Tip
- 16" or 18" Featherweight Bag
- Straight sided scraper
- Dexter 12" Serrated Cake Knife - our favorite cake knife and the only knife we carry in store
- damp towel
- 10" corrugated cake board
- extra corrugated boards as risers (optional)
- 10" cake pan (optional)
Join our cake decorating class...but in the comfort of your own home!
Join us for the Replay!
- Why interactive and online?
- You're Social Distancing!
- You've got a crazy schedule and can't be sure you can make it to the classroom on time. No worries, that's what the replay is for.
- You're a devoted introvert and prefer to interact..from home.
- You insist on wearing your jammies after 6pm.
- You have children under the age of 8 that would like to participate in our classes.
- Watch from any device that connects to Chrome - laptop, ipad, iphone, smart tv.
- For Best Viewing Experience, go to the direct link here: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/cake-leveling--icing
- Click Here to Test Your Connection
- You can purchase here at ArtIsInCakes.com and wait for an email with password to enter the class, or you can purchase directly at https://www.crowdcast.io/e/cake-leveling--icing and go directly into the portal without a wait.
- Digital Seats, Downloads, and Virtual Classes are non-refundable.