Virtual Replay, Artful Focaccia Herb Bread - Free Baking Event
Art Is In Cakes, Bakery & Supply
Okay...it's true. I'm now totally obsessed with artful focaccia bread, and it's fairly easy to create! Join us as we make Herb Focaccia, with any fresh herbs you find in the garden, plus a bit of pretty decoration from whatever veggies you raid from the fridge!
This 4 hour class will take you step by step, from activating your yeast, to the first and second rises, to the decorating, and then to the baking.
While waiting, we might even make a bit of olive oil dipping sauce as the perfect condiment!
Buy the ingredients for the class right here for stress free setup! This class was recorded in 4 parts.
- For best viewing experience join via direct link here: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/artful-focaccia/1 for a quick playback on how to use the Crowdcast Viewer.
- Tools that you'll need from the kitchen:
- Cast Iron Skillet at least 10" diameter (or parchment lined cookie sheet or pie dish)
- Stand Mixer with Dough Hook Attachment or a Mixing Bowl and Space for Hand Kneading.
- Digital Thermometer.
- Measuring Cups.
- Measuring Spoons.
- Extra bowls.
- Paring knives and cutting board.
- Damp Towel.
- Ingredient List (or buy the ingredient kit, sold separately):
- 1 tsp dry yeast (Active Dry or Saf-Instant are our favorites).
- 1 cup of water (110* Fahrenheit)
- 2.5 cups All Purpose Flour, room temperature, plus extra for dusting.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 tbs dried herbs: rosemary, thyme, basil, marjoram, or oregano are great choices. Choose just one, or mix a blend.
- 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Suggested Ingredients for Artful Topping (a selection will be included in the ingredient kit sold separately):
- Sprigs of Rosemary, Lavender, Thyme, or Oregano from the garden.
- Asparagus, Colorful Bell Peppers, Purple Onions.
- Olives, Whole Mushrooms, or any other pretty and colorful vegetables to use in your artistry. You can also used sun dried tomatos.
- Sea Salt or large grain salt.
- Cracked Pepper.
- Need inspiration? Here's a link to our favorites on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ArtIsInCakes/bread-making/