Satin Ice ChocoPan Modeling Chocolate 1 pound Tubs Various Colors
- Ready-to-use modeling chocolate in white, black, or brown.
- Modeling chocolate is smooth, pliable and perfect for creating culinary masterpieces for your customers.
- It offers a superior taste, achieved by using real chocolate. Create flowers, ribbons, bows or your favorite figurines.
- Easy to use.
- Great flexible medium for decorating cakes and desserts. Roll it, mold it, cut it or sculpt it, use gel or paste to color or paint it.
- Great for beginners or professionals.
- Finish is a medium sheen.
Made in the USA
- 1 Pound tub.
- Chocolate/Oil Based
- Modeling Chocolate can be colored using gel or paste colors.
- Sets up firm, but remains soft and pliable for continuous modeling and texturing.
- Can be reworked when warmed gently in the microwave.
- Care: Reseal tightly in a plastic bag and replace the lid of the pail. Store unused product in a cool, dry place (not refrigerator).
- Placing your finished creation in a refrigerator or using food grade cool spray will accelerate the set time. Finished pieces should not be exposed to temperatures over 75F (24C), as the chocolate will melt and droop.
- Finished pieces can also be placed in the freezer - put the piece in a box wrapped in cling wrap, move to the refrigerator then to the freezer to slowly cool it. When removing the piece from the freezer, slowly bring the piece to room temperature by doing the reverse.
- A quick change in temperature will cause condensation to build on the piece and will compromise the finish of the piece. We recommend allowing the piece to come almost to room temperature before unwrapping the box from cling wrap.
- Both modeling chocolate and covering chocolate will always remain pliable for reworking if desired.
- You can place unopened pails of ChocoPan products in the freezer to extend shelf life.
- INGREDIENTS: Chocolate (Sugar, Vegetable Oil [Palm Kernel Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel and Cottonseed Oils], Nonfat Dry Milk, Cocoa [Processed with Alkali], Cocoa, Glyceryl Lacto Esters of Fatty Acids, Soy Lecithin, Salt), Corn Syrup, Sugar, Water, Blue 1, Red 40, Yellow 6, Red 3, Yellow 5. CONTAINS: MILK.
- Nut Free
- Kosher Dairy
- Country of Origin: USA
- ChocoPan products are made with real chocolate which has an oil base. This oil base allows for a longer working time, without drying or cracking. Pieces made with ChocoPan will get firm and hold their shape but will not dry out and can easily be reworked.
- ChocoPan products will adhere to themselves without water or additional adhesives.
- Turn the pail upside down on your table and press on the bottom of the pail.
- Modeling chocolate and covering chocolate will be firm when first opened. Use a flat-top spatula to cut pieces out. If the chocolate is too firm to knead, microwave in 5 second intervals. Avoid overworking or excessive heat. Knead pieces until they become smooth.
- Work in a cool, dry environment and keep hands cool to avoid overheating the product. To avoid over softening the product while you work: wear disposable gloves, keep hands cool with a cool rag or a bucket of cold water, or put the piece in the refrigerator periodically.
- You can use a light application of cornstarch on the work surface to eliminate any sticking. ChocoPan colors can be mixed together, just like fondant.
- If you prefer to color modeling chocolate, add gel, paste, powder pigment or oil-based food color when kneading. To color covering chocolate, add food color gel or color paste when kneading. Add the colorant to a cupped bit of modeling chocolate. Knead the chocolate until it becomes the color you desire. TIP: Wear disposable gloves to avoid staining your hands.
- Both covering chocolate and modeling chocolate can be painted with gel food color or edible confectionery paint. Petal dust can be mixed with lemon extract to simulate a drier texture.
- It is possible to mix modeling chocolate with both fondant or gum paste. Mixing with gum paste will allow the structure to dry harder but will eliminate the ability to go back to the project and rework. Mixing modeling chocolate with fondant will give you a pliable mixture with a longer working time.
- "There is a coating of oil on top of the product upon opening" If the oils have separated due to high temperatures during shipping, allow the product to return to room temperature and knead thoroughly. Any oils that have separated will easily work back into the product.
- "The product is crumbly" Some crumbling will be normal since these are chocolate based products. Simply gather pieces together and knead in.
- "The product is melting as I work" If the product is melting, place it in a refrigerator until it becomes firm again. It is best to have cool hands when sculpting/decorating in order to avoid the oils separating and the product becoming sticky. Keep a cold rag nearby to keep hands cool while working.