Royal Icing Mix 16 ounces
- Royal icing is a premixed blend of meringue powder and powdered sugar used, when mixed with water, to ice cookies, cakes, and to create pretty stringwork designs and cages.
- Directions for Use:
- Royal Icing: Mix at medium speed with a paddle attachment, 1 lb. of mix and 1/3 cup (2.5 oz) of water, beat until icing stands in peaks.
- Flavor and color as desired after achieving your preferred consistency.
- You can also use a whip attachment, but you will whip in more air bubbles. This action can cause piped stringwork to break as you pipe.
- Picture or Flow Icing: Add 2-3 teaspoons of water to each 1/2 cup of Royal Icing prepared as above. Mix by hand.
- 1#-bag covers approximately 25-30 three inch cookies.
- Shelf Life: 18 months if kept in cool, low humidity environment.
- Note: This product is prepared and packaged using machines that may come into contact with wheat/gluten, eggs, dairy or dairy products, soy, tree nuts.
- Certified Kosher.
- Store unused royal icing in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- The liquid in royal icing will separate and sink to the bottom of your storage container when not in use. Place the mixture back into the mixer and whip again until fully reconstituted and combined.
Note: During the warmer seasons, if your royal icing turns out too stiff and stretchy taffy-like, keep mixing the icing and add water one tablespoon at a time mixing well in between. Do not exceed five tablespoons of extra water. If it turns out like watered down taffy, set aside for five minutes and stir again. It should regain the royal icing look and consistency.