Cocoa Butter Chips per Ounce for Seeding Tempered Chocolate or Cocoa Butter Painting
- Cocoa Butter Chips are the perfect "seed" to add to tempering chocolate. You only need to add 1% of the cocoa butter to your real chocolate by weight.
- Example: If you are melting and tempering 1 pound of chocolate (16 ounces), you only need to add .16 ounces of cocoa butter to your bowl to achieve the crystalline change, a tiny amount.
- Cocoa Butter Chips are also used to coat and color pretty truffle shells. Just gently melt your cocoa butter chips (very gently and slowly), add oil based candy colors, then use a craft brush to paint your chocolate shell. Allow the molds to cool before adding additional chocolates to your shells.
- Colored Cocoa Butter is also used as a painting medium on cakes and cookies.
- Just like real chocolate, Cocoa Butter will lose it's temper (haha) if overheated. Heat very gently and very slowly.
- Don't be fooled by the name Chips. These are really mini couvetures and not designed to hold a chocolate chip shape.