Salt - Red Hawaiian Sea Salt 8.5 oz
- Red Hawaiian Sea Salt is a traditional mix of Pacific Ocean sea salt and Hawaiian red clay, called alaea.
- The clay adds iron oxide which gives this salt its distinctive color and taste.
- Red Hawaiian Sea Salt lends an earthy flavor to chocolate as well as to caramels, and its red color lends a nice contract to chocolate.
- Red Hawaiian Sea Salt is especially suited for grilling or roasting meat. It is used to season kalua pig and Hawaiian jerky. It is also used in Hawaiian ceremonies to cleanse, purify, and bless.
- Use it in rubs for pork and chicken. Try it with tomatoes in salads, sauces, and soups.
- INGREDIENTS: Sea salt, purified red clay.